This groundbreaking book explodes several myths: that selling sex is completely different from any other kind of work, that migrants who sell sex are passive victims, and that the multitude of people out to save them is without self-interest. Based on extensive research amongst both migrants who sell sex and social helpers, sex at the margins provides a radical analysis.
Although they are treated as a marginalised group, they form part of the dynamic global economy. She currently lives in London, researching the situation of migrant workers in the city's sex industry.
ISBN 13: 9788182910430
This book is set to be a trailblazer in the study of sexuality. Above all, Agustin shows that the moralizing bent of most government and NGO programs have little to do with these women's experiences and wishes. This book questions some of our most cherished modern assumptions, and shows that a different ethics of concern is possible.
- Nicole Vitellone Sex at the Margins: Migration, Labour Markets and the Rescue Industry.
- Hush, My Babe, Lie Still, And Slumber.
- As Much Time as it Takes: Handbook for the Bereaved, their Family and Friends.
- Sex at the Margins.
- Content Types.
Convert currency. Add to Basket.
- What Would MacGyver Do?: True Stories of Improvised Genius in Everyday Life;
- Sex at the Margins: Migration, Labour Markets and the Rescue Industry by Laura María Agustín.
- Sex at the Margins: Migration, labour markets and the rescue industry | SpringerLink.
- MILLENNIUM EST (French Edition)?
- Keine Panik vor Blackouts: Wie Sie Bewährungsproben meistern (German Edition).
- Baron Samstag oder das Leben nach dem Tod (German Edition).
- Shadow of Tears;
Book Description Books for Change, Condition: Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact.
Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Seller Inventory More information about this seller Contact this seller.
- Selling Your Business.
- [PDF] Sex at the Margins: Migration, Labour Markets and the Rescue Industry - Semantic Scholar!
- Introducing Sex at the Margins.
Books is in good condition. Some moderate creases and wear. RM This groundbreaking book explodes several myths: that selling sex is completely different from any other kind of work, that migrants who sell sex are passive victims and that the multitude of people out to save them are without self-interest.
Nicole Vitellone Sex at the Margins: Migration, Labour Markets and the Rescue Industry
Frequently, says Agustin, migrants make rational choices to travel and work in the sex industry, and although they are treated like a marginalised group they form part of the dynamic global economy. Both powerful and controversial, this book is essential reading for all those who want to understand the increasingly important relationship between sex markets, migration and the desire for social justice.
Your email address will not be published.